This position is responsible for maintaining FastTrack’s voice and data infrastructure. Researches and evaluates equipment and vendors to support the voice and data network. Gains knowledge of new technologies to enhance existing systems, processes, and the development of new products and services. Provide technical support to other departments and business units.
Also, this position is responsible for the provisioning and installation of Internet and Voice services, including IP address assignment, BGP or static routing configurations, softswitch (Metaswitch) configurations, Adtran IAD configurations, Cisco Unified Communications Manager / Unity and domain name management. Areas of expertise include: VoIP, Linux, Windows, Security, IP routing, Cisco routers, LAN/WAN technologies, MEF, VMware and server management. After hours and weekend work is often required and expected of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and manage projects in support of growth, network integration, and geographic expansion.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technologies, hardware, software, and service providers to support growth and evaluation of the voice and data infrastructure.
- Identify and execute projects necessary to improve network reliability and efficiency.
- Provide technical support and training related to the voice and data infrastructure.
- Work with local, national telecommunication providers to supply T1, DS3, OCn, and Ethernet connectivity.
- Complete network documentation to include network drawings and procedures.
- Complete managerial responsibilities for the department and its employees as assigned by the Director of Network Engineering and Operations.
- Additional requirements include support of any other advanced services FastTrack offers that may be assigned by the Director of Network Engineering and Operations, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university (BSEE, BSEET, BSCE, BSCS) or equivalent experience.
- Two to Five years experience in telecommunications planning and designing voice and data networks.
- Proficient knowledge of voice and data equipment including: TDM and softwitch switching platforms, feature servers, STPs, session border controllers, gateways, routers, and switches.
- Proficient knowledge of voice and data networks including: SS7, GR-303, VoIP, MPLS, Frame Relay, Ethernet, QOS, VPN, SIP, MGCP, and IP routing.
- Proficient in project management for small to medium size projects.
- CCNA certification is required.
- Additional Cisco certification is preferred.
- Valid State of Colorado driver’s license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, and Word.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- An ability to understand complex issues and learn quickly.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Mature, professional attitude; leadership and mentoring skills.
- Works in a normal office environment.
- Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as required by workload.
- Monthly on-call rotation.
Visual Acuity: Normal vision and accommodation.
NOTE: This job description covers the major purpose and major responsibilities (functions) of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job-related duties requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Excellent benefits package, salary commensurates with experience.
EOE. Submit resume and completed FastTrack Communications Employment Application (found @ www.fasttrackcomm.net, under “About” Employment Opportunities) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HR @ 779 Tech Center Drive, Suite 200, Durango, CO 81301.