The Region 9 Sector Partnership Convener will follow the guidelines outlined by the SWDC
Scope of Work (SOW). They will be responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a
Sector Partnership program from 2022 until 2025 and setting up a sustainable Sector
Partnership program for future years. Guidelines include but are not limited to the following
• Collaborate with regional support partners including workforce centers within the regions of
• Ensure alignment with the NextGen sector partnership model.
• The primary work supported by the Regional Sector Staffing Support Grant will be to launch
three regional industry sector partnerships for Region 9.
• The Regional Sector Partnership Convener on behalf of the Grantee is required to submit
timely quarterly reports with budgeted and expended funds accompanied by narrative
impact and outcomes reports. All grantees will be required to comply with SLFRF Grant
Requirements, and track outcomes and metrics including but not limited to:
o Number and roster of employers engaged during this reporting period, and activities
they have participated in.
o Number and roster of support partners engaged during this reporting period, and
activities they have participated in.
o Statewide Community of Practice call attendance.
• Quarterly reports with detail position accomplishments and key activities, industry
engagement numbers, data collected and shared with CWDC on industry engagement,
marketing methods utilized, feedback provided from industry, and types of training
programs industry wants to develop or strengthen in a form acceptable to CWDC.
• Increasing capacity to support new regional sector partnerships.
• The Convener will carry out the following:
o Launching and/or convening sector partnerships within the region.
o Industry engagement and coordination with public partners.
o Advising on industry specific career pathway development as needed.
o Interpreting industry priorities and developing responsive solutions with sector
partnership teams. This includes advising on changes to education and training
programs as well as building strong systems or linkages across programs to respond to
industry priorities and the needs of learners and job seekers.
o Broker collaborations across programs with institutional silos.
o Provide project management support to advance sector partnership priorities, tracking
progress, holding partners accountable, and driving toward actions and results.
• The Convener will ensure advancement of the following goals:
o Audit current lists and increase the number of industry leaders participating in current
sector partnerships as appropriate
o Engage in and assure representation from the Region 9 area at other statewide and
o Launch new sector partnerships with industry leaders and coordinate public partners to
provide support for industry priorities
o Increase the number of work-based learning opportunities in the region for the different
o Increase the number of employers participating in current work-based learning
o Register additional apprenticeship programs in identified pathways
o Create career pathway documents for local businesses to use in recruitment and
o Implement local career exploration events for K-12 and residents to understand career /
o Create communication around the importance of sector partnerships and participation
• The Convener role hired will connect with and survey local industry partners and public
partners to determine interest and top needs for sector partnerships.
• The Convener, in conjunction with the project sponsors will facilitate the first Sector
Partnership meeting by September 2022.
• Convener and partners will develop a web presence by December 2022.
• The Convener will launch a second partnership by January 2023.
• The Convener will launch a third partnership by July 2023.
• A data review will be completed, in which event attendance and feedback, projects
supported, industry partnership creation and industry/education collaboration facilitation
will be reviewed to redesign and refine goals for the following years
• Awarded organizations and the convener will engage in virtual Community of Practice calls
on the specified dates outlined in the grant award.
• Design and implement a sustainability plan for ongoing sector partnership success when
funding is depleted.
• Build and maintain relationship contacts working to engage additional employers and public
partners to advance the priorities of the partnership.
• Actively promote sector partnerships and their impact. Methods to be used can include and
are not limited to: blog posts, flyers, newsletters, social media collaboration with additional
• Participate in training opportunities and community of practice opportunities offered by
• The Convener will adhere to the scope of work and an independent contractor MOU
developed by the Pagosa Springs Chamber of Commerce and current Sector Partnership
Please send your resume and letter of intent by COB Sept. 6 to Mary Jo Coulehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Contract