Assists Relationship Managers with the completion of loan applications and supporting documentation for commercial loans. Requests necessary supporting documentation for loan processing. Works with customers to complete routine transactions or responds to routine inquiries. Provides administrative and sales support to the Commercial Banking staff.
The assistant will support the Loan Officers’ specific phases of loan processing which includes the working of exceptions, maintaining all loans in the Relationship Manager’s portfolio and scanning of all documents that pertain to each loan file.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
- Assure that all documentation is correct and security interests are perfected.
- Assures that loan documents and credit files are secure.
- Monitors legal lending limit compliance on assigned loans. Assures any violation is properly reported.
- Monitor the accuracy of past due loans. Prepare past due letters for assigned Relationship Managers.
- Provide dual control of all payments and advances processed by the loan department as scheduled by Supervisor. Assure loan balances are accurate and no advances are made that exceed the total loan amount.
- Manage non-loan document related exceptions for assigned Officer(s) to include accurately documenting file to minimize initial exceptions and immediate follow-up on noted exceptions.
- Complete requirements outlined on title commitments and monitor and insure title insurance policies are received on a timely basis (minimum weekly).
- Research customer questions and issues on loan accounts and documentation. Obtain or gather all relevant information from the borrower to progress with research. Complete basic system research and obtain instructions on what to correct and how to correct.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding commercial lending. Ensures accurate and complete loan closing and file documentation in a timely manner.
- Complete loan filing and scanning on a timely basis.
- Establish and control tickler system for all non-loan document related ticklers.
- Completes all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Receive and process all loan applications taken by the Loan Officer as assistance is requested by Officer.
- Assist Officer(s) with construction draws and lien waivers if applicable.
- Attends commercial processing trainings as scheduled.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; College degree preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain high level of data integrity.
- Computer skills required.
7. Pleasant disposition which gives a positive image of the bank to customers and prospects.