This position will support marketing and communication initiatives for First Southwest Bank (FSWB), a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) bank.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will help to develop, execute, and monitor FSWB’s marketing and communications plans aligning with the organization's strategic goals, brand guidelines and compliance requirements.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will support the bank’s Marketing Director, Marketing Committee, Branch Managers, and will work with contractors, vendors, and non-profit and other community leaders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Employees are held accountable for all duties of the job.
- Assist in marketing planning and implementation including market research, promotion, advertising, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist in the development and coordination of all marketing campaigns, content and collateral development (in print, digital and for broadcast) across varied channels and audiences.
- Support media relations, initiate and track ad buying and placement, providing video and photography support, as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the bank’s social media contractor overseeing and growing FSWB’s and the First Southwest Community Fund’s (FSWCF) social media marketing presence, monitoring and responding to online posts and reviews.
- Assist with market-wide donation and sponsorship program coordination and tracking, and branch staff and applicant outreach and communication.
- Write and coordinate internal and external email communications to staff, customers, clients, peers and others including web-blogs, email and ad copy, press releases, speeches and presentations.
- Schedule, organize and attend meetings, tradeshows, community and special events, leading event set-up and assisting with market specific functions, as needed. Some travel may be required.
- Assist with website content and digital strategy development, implementation, reporting, maintenance and compliance.
- Understand what differentiates FSWB from other banks, the work of the FSWCF, and effectively communicate our mission and collective impact to entrepreneurs, businesses and communities.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, media, nonprofits, the financial industry and/or bank marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Canva, Slack, website CMS and email marketing.
- Extraordinary customer service and community relations in all forms of verbal or written communication.
- Creative and resourceful, highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent writing and critical thinking skills.
- Strong problem-solving, community engagement, collaboration and effective listening skills.
- Must possess a friendly, courteous, patient, flexible and professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced.