Responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction, to every customer, every time. This position requires an ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner while discovering, anticipating and meeting their personal financial needs through knowledgeable presentation, active promotion and competent delivery of services. Also responsible for business development, consumer loans, customer management when necessary, deposit product and business solution sales, administrative support, credit structure and negotiations.
- Ensures a profitable portfolio and mitigates risk. Ongoing management of portfolio to include minimizing and clearing of exception items. Works with Special Assets Officer to ensure timely collection of past due loans and resolution for problem loans.
- Solicit and open new deposit accounts for branch/market area, which includes the preparation of deposit account documents, the uploading of the account into the banks customer information software/programs and obtaining all necessary legal documentation for the opening of accounts.
- Expert knowledge of deposit account documentation and banks core systems. To include consumer loan processes and documentation in accordance to First Southwest Bank Loan policy.
- Provides help to all customer requests including debit cards, online banking, bill pay and etc.
- Responsible for account maintenance duties.
- Prepares loans for underwriting and closing by entering the loan application in bank software, obtains income and asset verification, collateral value, and schedules closing. Closes loans by reviewing documents for accuracy, competently explains documents to customer and obtains required signatures. Scans all documents into Synergy and submits booking request and prepares entries for disbursements. Follows standard procedures for file maintenance and document retention.
- Manages customer’s portfolio and services relationships.
- Primarily focus on deposit growth and consumer loan growth for branch.
- Takes advantage of every opportunity to cross sell a Bank services (loan and deposit), recognizing situations that suggest a need for specific products and taking positive steps to promote such opportunities by explaining the customer benefits of the proposed services.
- Participates in cross-selling referral program daily in order to maintain and exceed goals set by First Southwest Bank.
- Completes all required reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Participates in all departmental meetings.
- Actively participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within their market place.
It is the responsibility of all employees to make all reasonable efforts to identify suspicious cash activity which may be associated with customer attempts to avoid the reporting requirements of the BSA or government or federal tax reporting, as well as potential money laundering resulting from criminal / illegal activities. All suspicious activity, regardless of the amount involved in the transaction, must be reported to a supervisor or Branch Manager for further investigation and possible reporting by the Bank Secrecy Officer to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
No director, officer, employee, or agent who reports a suspicious transaction under the requirements of the BSA may notify any person involved in the transaction that the transaction has been reported.
Each employee of the bank shall be required to complete Bank Secrecy Act / Suspicious Activity training periodically which is commensurate with the duties of their position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal written and telephone skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain high level of data integrity.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be capable of meeting deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Pleasant disposition which gives a positive image of the bank.
- Three years of sales and/or customer service experience.
- Banking experience strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Required to talk and hear; frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Ability to stand and sit, reaching with hands and arms; kneeling, crouching. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced.