Responsible for managing and growing profitable relationships. Ensures the overall success and growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships of existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers. Proactively meets with existing customers and prospects in order to profile needs to ensure we provide the right products and services to help them succeed financially. Able to analyze complex credit requests in areas of credit, cash flow, collateral and risks to repayment. Responsible for working with a team to effectively manage a commercial/AG portfolio of $60MM-$80MM and/or client relationships of 100-150.
- Review complex commercial/AG credit underwriting and recommend appropriate structure
- Addressing and resolving complex customer issues
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Effectively manages all aspects of a portfolio including past dues, renewals, ticklers, covenant monitoring, risk rating, problem loans, file maintenance, pipeline
- Effective listening skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong prospecting, sales, negotiating and influence skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and effectively communicates ideas to affect change.
- Cross-trains in advanced commercial banking activities such as SBA, USDA, and FSA guaranteed loans and assists in cross-training lending staff.
- Seeks out opportunities to provide leadership, in the bank, in local civic organizations and in the community; in an effort to improve themselves, their co-workers, the bank and the community
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
It is the responsibility of all employees to make all reasonable efforts to identify suspicious cash activity which may be associated with customer attempts to avoid the reporting requirements of the BSA or government or federal tax reporting, as well as potential money laundering resulting from criminal / illegal activities. All suspicious activity, regardless of the amount involved in the transaction, must be reported to a supervisor or Branch Manager for further investigation and possible reporting by the Bank Secrecy Officer to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
No director, officer, employee, or agent who reports a suspicious transaction under the requirements of the BSA may notify any person involved in the transaction that the transaction has been reported.
Each employee of the bank shall be required to complete Bank Secrecy Act / Suspicious Activity training periodically which is commensurate with the duties of their position.
- 5+ years of commercial/AG experience in one or a combination of credit analysis, portfolio management, business owner, rancher/farmer, sales or credit related experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding established goals
- Proven ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Business Administration, economics, accounting, finance or other business related field.
- Formal credit training
- Experience in Sales
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects tools or controls. Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced.